Your site is made up of various different types of content. Posts, Photos, Pages all come together to form the structure of your site. We’ll have a look at the different content types here and how to create and edit content on your own site.
Posts are your notices or news articles. Posts are generally target to your audience for a specific time and subject. Think of posts as articles in a Newspaper. E.g. ‘Summer Science Conference registration is now open’
To write a post:
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts‘ tab.
- Click the ‘Add New‘ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
- As needed, select a category, add tags, and make other selections from the sections below the post. (Each of these sections is explained below.)
- When you are ready, click Publish.
Pages are another way to add content to your site. Pages are a way to display to show static information that doesn’t often change E.g. an ‘About Us’ or ‘Contact Details’ page.